Well, I woke up this morning in my NY hotel room overlooking the Hudson River and am in love with my gorgeous view. As I sit here, of course I have a million random thoughts fly through my mind and I think to myself, ‘I better just throw it all out there on my blog.’
So, here we go…. Straight From Lisa’s Lips
1. Big issues with skinny jeans going on out there apparently. I say, JBrand. Buy one size up. They’re stretchy. No hospital time for you with these jeans!!
2. It took 40 minutes to get a pot of hot water this morning sent up to my room. I ordered a pot of hot water with a mug. Here’s my big question: WHY is it, that in every hotel, a mug is the size of a teacup? Why can’t you get a MUG mug. Like a coffee MUG. I’d like to know that, please. Why can’t a hotel send something that doesn’t require me filling up my hot water, lemon and honey a bunch of times. Ok, I just need to know this, please.
3. Oh, and no hats on the bed. I wonder how many people follow this rule in life? I’m very superstitious at times. Very. Almost crazily so, at times. No hats on the bed. Do you follow this rule?
4. I also need to know if everyone is as freaky as I am when they enter a hotel room. Just recently, I have decided that upon entering my room I must use my wipes, my Clorox wipes with bleach and I wipe down the entire hotel room. Phones, remotes, handles, shower, everything! I just have to wipe it down. I wipe that sh*t down because you know what? If you think about it, I mean REALLY think about it, we’ve all seen the reports and you know where I’m going here. I think maybe I am getting a little OCD as I get older.
5. Don’t even get me started on the hotel comforter and the duvet. I guess you can’t even think about what you’re sleeping in and I’m not crazy enough YET to bring my own sheets and pillows, so for now I will sleep among the germs and bed bugs and God knows what else. But I will say this, I did have a great night sleep last night, so F*ck It.
Well, that about wraps up what was on my mind this morning. I end with this: Sometimes you just have to choose your battles and let go and let God. And that includes skinny jeans, tiny hotel mugs and bed bugs.
Disclaimer: Keep in mind, I know this is all stupid sh*t and means nothing in the world and what’s really going on in it!!